Effective Date: November 1, 2014
COLLECTION AND USE
We may collect personal information about you when you use our Website, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, email address and payment card information when you choose to provide or make accessible such information to us. In addition, we may collect other information such as musical instrument preference, product wishlist information, and product order history information if you choose to provide such information or if you register for an account on our Website.
We may use your personal information for a variety of uses, including but not limited to:
- Processing transactions or enabling third party providers, as applicable, to process transactions made through our Website;
- Verifying proof of purchase when printing music;
- Creating and registering your account;
- Responding to your inquiries or requests;
- Administering promotions (e.g., sweepstakes and contests);
- Delivering or allowing you to participate in our services (e.g., email newsletter or alerts, shopping cart and product wishlist);
- Conducting internal research and analytics;
- Keeping you informed about our new products and offerings by sending you promotional emails; and
- Investigating transactions or conducting fraud reviews.
COOKIES AND WEB TECHNOLOGIES
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Our policy is to not share or disclose the information described above with third parties without your prior consent. We may, however share the information we collect about you in limited circumstances, including but not limited to:
- Service Providers: With third party service providers or our agents who perform services on our behalf or help us in the delivery of our Website and any content presented on our website to you; for example, we use Google Analytics to assist us with our data analytics; we also use a service provider to host our Website;
- Legal Purposes: With law enforcement agencies, governmental officials or other third parties in response to a subpoena, court order or legal procedure; we may also share your information to protect our own legal rights;
- Health & Safety: If we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or fraud to you or us; prevent or report suspected illegal activity; protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety; or enforce our Terms and Conditions or any other agreement between us;
- Business Reasons: With other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by any such entity or in connection with a partial or total sale of assets, bankruptcy, insolvency or another corporate change; and
- Consent: When you otherwise consent or direct us to share your information with third parties.
If you wish to opt out of receiving marketing emails or alerts or modify the type of emails you are receiving from TotalSheetMusic, you can do so by following the instructions in the email or by logging into your account and going to the “Communication Preferences” section where you may add or remove yourself from certain lists. It may take a few days to process your opt-out or change request and you may continue to receive promotional or marketing emails during such time. Opting-out of receiving promotional or marketing emails will not preclude us from sending you other types of non-promotional messages, such as emails confirming transactions or registration matters. We also offer you the option to correct or update certain account information by logging into your account and going to the “Update Email Address or Password” section.
We use commercially reasonable methods to prevent the unauthorized use, access, or disclosure of your personal information. Pages containing personal and/or credit card information are protected by state-of-the-art secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology provided by Network Solutions Site Safe. Credit card transactions are processed by Authorize.Net Payment Gateway. While we strive to protect your personal information, no system can ever be 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
Our Website is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you believe that your child under the age of 13 has provided his or her personal information to us, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personally identifiable information (if any) we have disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared such information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to email@example.com.
In addition, under California law, website operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information of a consumer over time and across third party websites, to the extent the operator engages in that collection. At this time, we do not track our customers’ personal information over time and across third-party websites. This law also requires website operators to disclose whether third parties may collect personally identifiable information about their users’ online activities over time and across different Websites when the users use the operator’s website. TotalSheetMusic does not knowingly permit third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when a consumer uses our Website.
THIRD PARTY SITES
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS